• ENERGY STAR® rating
• Energy Consumption per year 283 kWh
• Variable speed compressors are controlled by advanced electronics and are always operating at optimal capacity thus ensuring maximum food preservation with minimum energy usage. Combined with soft-start technology, these variable speed compressors offer quiet operation and minimal electrical ‘surge’ at start-up
• An ice maker which does not use an energy drawing heater to harvest ice*
Energy used by automatic ice makers and interior lighting is not incorporated into Energy Guide / Energy Guide energy rating hang-tags in refrigeration appliances nor is the subsequent energy needed to cool down hot light bulbs
• LED lighting in both compartments: uses less energy than conventional appliance lighting and won’t heat up what you’re trying to cool down*
• Door open alarm that ensures doors aren’t left open to allow cold to escape and wasting energy
• LED light columns and energy-saving LED illumination in freezer and BioFresh compartments - You’ll find what you are looking for with clear, uniform illumination for a pleasing display and Energy efficient light that does not introduce heat into the cooling compartment
• Liebherr’s models are RoHS compliance. RoHS stands for the Restriction Of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment, eliminating the use of major hazardous substances in the production of Liebherr products such as lead, mercury, cadmium and certain types of chrome and biphenyl. Liebherr’s packaging materials on all products are 100% recyclable
• The water used in the production process is purified and pollution-free
• The energy released during production is recovered and utilized again in heating the manufacturing environments
MSRP ranging from $3,000 - $3,300 USD
Liebherr models offer the best use of space for maximized food preservation, and incorporate smart features such as:
• Premium Digital controls are much more precise with MagicEye offering touch and LCD numeric display- keeps as well as displays the temperature at the level you select - Constant Temperature can be regulated in one-degree increments
• GlassLine Storage shelves with stainless trim are elegant yet tough, scratch resistant and easy to clean as well as dishwasher safe - Elegant Glass Line 6 mm thick shelving that withstands up to 180 lbs. Liebherr is the only manufacturer using glass in the door to cool bulky items faster helping to store them longer
• Space-saving designed for organization
• Freezer and BioFresh drawers on smooth, telescopic rails for convenience of viewing and selecting items.
• FrostSafe Bins - Professional freezing technology to guarantee continual circulated air
• Soft close door system technology (used by high-end cabinet manufacturers) - Hinge ensures door closes automatically from 30 degrees so doors never slam shut even when fully loaded
• SuperFrost and SuperCool - Quick Chill/Quick Freeze fresh groceries to maintain vital minerals and vitamins and seal in flavors and textures as well as instantly preserve optimum freshness resulting in less spoiled food
• Slide under half shelf providing versatility to store taller items when needed
• VarioBoxes that can store and take items to table or countertop for convenience
• Bottle rack for flexible use can also interchange with glass shelf
Liebherr is known for product excellence and innovation in freestanding, fully integrated, built-in and wine storage refrigeration units.
Liebherr takes the lead in both environmentally conscious manufacturing practices and energy efficient products.
Key product features and why they are important:
Better Food Preservation
Highlighted by dual refrigeration and Liebherr's patented BioFresh® system, Liebherr products create the ideal climate for perfect preservation and long-term freshness. BioFresh® is unparalleled in the industry â€“ high humidity compartments actually create an environment where vitamins in fresh fruit and vegetables can continue to grow. Groceries last longer and are more nutritious.
Better Use of Space
Innovative FrostSafe freezer drawers keep cold air from escaping when the door is open. These individual transparent drawers make all items easy to see and access â€“ even at the very back of a bottom mount refrigerator. Liebherr's removable and flexible drawer system, called VarioSpace, allows expansion for oversized items such as a turkey or large container.
Better Energy Efficiency and Noise Control
The refrigerator is the only appliance in the home that runs 24/7. For this reason, high efficiency is essential for energy savings and the environment. Liebherr's variable temperature compressors are always on at the perfect speed â€“ there are no â€œonâ€ and â€œoffâ€ surges that eat up power. Competitive products place their compressors on top at the front of the unit and essentially, act like a speaker to the kitchen. Liebherr compressor systems are at the bottom and the back, and are therefore SuperQuiet - virtually silent to the human ear.
Beautiful, Contemporary Design
With strong European influences, the sleek look of Liebherr products hold strong appeal to every kitchen dÃ©cor. Liebherr offers the professional styling of stainless steel finishes or the choice to use with an overlay or framed to match cabinetry. This flexibility and the attention to detail is coveted by the design trade.
The list of green achievements by Liebherr, is a long one, and ActiveGreen best summarize Liebherr's proactive stance. ActiveGreen is a corporate mission to achieve the highest ENERGY STAR® rating, to set the example and encourage other North American manufacturers to be RoHS compliant as Liebherr did in mid-2007, and to have the least damaging effect on the environment through responsible manufacturing practices. Liebherr's entire product line of indoor refrigeration meets and exceeds the new guidelines for ENERGY STAR®, making Liebherr the only brand in the North American marketplace to achieve these standards. All Liebherr appliances in North America met RoHS compliance making Liebherr the FIRST refrigeration manufacturer to comply with this practise worldwide. Liebherr's longstanding list of responsible production initiatives:
-Liebherr was the first appliance manufacturer worldwide to remove CFC's completely from the production process in 1993
-Since 2000, Liebherr's considerable investment to ensure environmental compatibility has resulted in the reduced use of chemicals, solvents and energy consumption
-Liebherr has established central waste and resource collection stations at their manufacturing facilities
-The packaging materials on all products are 100% recyclable
-The water used in the production process is purified and pollution-free
-The energy released during production is recovered and utilized again in heating the plants